I was Googling the word housewife to see where I ranked with that word, in case you care it wasn’t good, and I find a link that is talking about How to be a 1950′s Housewife. This is where I pull out my favorite phrase, ‘Bull F-ing S*it’. Seriously though, it is my favorite phrase if I think you are wrong and just another reason why I fail because a proper housewife and woman would not say such a thing.
I find this article more comical than serious so don’t get all up tight about it like some of the comments did. I think I might try and go a few days being a ‘good housewife’. Wouldn’t that be something?! Michael wouldn’t know what to do with himself if I showered daily, wore makeup more than 4 times a year and woke up before him!
Why I Fail:
- I work, work and work more from home.
- I don’t wake up before Michael and I sure as heck don’t dress up for him; yoga pants, sports bra and a tank is my typical wardrobe.
- I don’t cook breakfast but Michael doesn’t eat breakfast.
- I don’t lay out clothes for anyone and wouldn’t even if we didn’t have 5 cats.
- No lunches here unless they are leftovers from the night before. I do try and put leftovers in a lunch container so it is easy to grab in the morning.
- Time to myself consists on 1 hour a day when I watch a show that I recorded from the day before.
- Laundry? Don’t get me started because I have already told you how I do not do Michael’s laundry.
- Yeah so I don’t dust, pick up or straighten so this one is a major fail.
- I eat cookies for breakfast…
- I could actually swing this one because I love to bake and do it often.
- We have a dining room with a table but do not eat at it, ever. Maybe if there wasn’t a gate blocking the doorway we would use it more?
- I sometimes greet Michael when he gets home but usually I am right in the middle of a thought and give him the ‘one second’ finger.
- I don’t go to bed when Michael does because I stay up and work. I do ‘tuck him in’ because if I spend a few minutes with him before bed he won’t nag me to come to bed at a decent hour.
- This one is actually spot on for me because 4 hours of sleep is pretty common over here; I think I work too much.