My name is Mallery.
I need to get serious for a hot minute so please enjoy any puns that I mix into this post. There was a point in my life where I honestly thought I was going to experience menopause before my time, I was 20 years old. I had just been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and I thought my life was over. The doctors didn’t warn me about the menopause-esque side effects that I would be dealing with. Who says the word menopause to a 20 year old anyways? While everyone was worrying about which frat party to attend that night, I was relearning how to live my life.
I have dubbed this time of my life as ‘the fabulous fright’. It was frightful because my body just shut down, stopped working; besides death, it was the ultimate failure to me. This time of my life was fabulous because I eventually met Michael on a less than flashy blind date, where I demanded to drive his car. I learned that patience pays off, life always finds a way to work itself out, life’s lessons might not make sense at the time but they all serve a purpose. I am sure some of you are sitting there is disbelief so let me explain further why I went shopping for these Poise feminine wellness products. There are many symptoms of menopause that aren’t as mainstream as hot flashes and mood swings are. Tysabri is a immunomodulator that can really rock your world in a positive and negative way.
I have experienced:
- Hot flashes- They are more prominent right after a treatment so I really only deal with them once a month. I won’t say that I know what a full blown fire feels like, but it’s enough to roast a marshmallow.
- Night sweats- I usually just go to bed with a sports bra on because I know I will just end up waking up in the middle of the night soaking wet.
- Hair Loss- When I started Tysabri my hair would just fall out in clumps. Clumps that were causing me to think about the fun wigs that I could possibly be wearing. Each time I showered I would throw away at least a HANDFUL of hair. I was so thankful to have very thick hair because the only people that noticed were myself and my hair stylist AKA my best friend.
- Breast Pain- I had my first mammogram in my early 20′s because they hurt so bad. It was awful.
- Vaginal Odor- Vaginitis is a side effect that probably embarrasses the majority of women out there. We were at a wedding this weekend and I changed my clothes in the car so I didn’t have to wear my adorable party dress during the long car ride. When I changed my panties Michael exclaimed, “Your vagina smells… BAD!”
No joke… that happened.
There are other symptoms like tingling, cognitive issues, headaches, depression, anxiety and fatigue that I consider to be a result of me having Multiple Sclerosis, not treatment side effects. I encourage you to have the 2nd Talk with your doctor sooner rather than later. Don’t wait until you are desperate for relief from the symptoms of menopause.
Poise Feminine Wellness Products
Check out the video below to see how to use the feminine wellness products from Poise. Which product are you the most excited about?
I pride myself on learning something new everyday, and my most recent lesson was all about menopause. Women are terrified of that word. I mean TERRIFIED, even offended to be considered in that age bracket! For some women menopause means the end of what makes them a woman. Other women think of it as a time where things start sagging, drying up and smelling funky. Then there are a handful of women who look at it as a time of freedom. I admire the women who are embracing the changes gracefully.
Menopause means freedom.
“I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Poise #CBias #SocialFabric #PoiseFab5”