Wine with Mallery- Why I Love Collective Bias

111 Flares Twitter 89 Facebook 8 Google+ 12 Pin It Share 2 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- Filament.io 111 Flares ×

Wine with Mallery

Day 18 of Wine with Mallery isn’t incredibly funny or overly serious. Today Wine with Mallery is slightly sappy and something my blogger buddies might only be able to relate to. I have been a part of an amazing group of bloggers for 2+ years and it is finally time to talk about why I love working with Collective Bias®/Social Fabric®.

PS: I never claimed to be a public speaker and I said ‘unheard of’ a bajillion times. 😉

Wine with Mallery cliff notes for those who can’t watch the video…

wine with mallery- 2 years with social fabric

Everyone puts their pants on the same way in Collective Bias.

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw my profile update saying I had been a part of my online family for 2 years! It had been 2 years since my blogging fairy tale began and the rest is history. I work from home and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Well… some days I would love a babysitter for a little peace and quiet, but that has nothing to do with my online family. :)

When you are new blogger, you filled with all sorts of emotions and thoughts. You are overwhelmed with the feeling of building your blogging empire overnight. (That’s totally not the way this works.) You are worried about paying your bills and making blogging work for your family. The best word to describe how I felt when I started blogging is lonely. I had no idea who to go to for advice and I sure as heck didn’t even know where to start my blogging journey. I was lost.

Somehow the stars aligned and I joined a group called Collective Bias. I can’t even tell you how I found them, I just did. Joining my online family has been the single, most valuable career decision I have ever made. Someone believed in me from the very beginning. Someone supported me and my questions from the very beginning. The confidence that Collective Bias has given me and the crazy online family I have gained are hands down the reasons I will never leave.

These like-minded people are my family, and somehow understand the things that go through my brain. (I often wonder what goes through their minds when I talk/write.) You already know what a wacky personality I have, and yet, I still feel at home. I would love to be a fly on the wall of their office because they are a hoot. I am sure there isn’t a shortage of laughs in their daily routine. Can we have a bring your blogger to work day? Haha!

I think that is enough emotions for one Wine with Mallery, right? I fail at expressing emotions via the written word so just watch the video. I also fail at public speaking so just take my word for it. I guess you just can win this one.

Step 1- You should watch the video (Up there, scroll back up.) if you want more of those warm and fuzzy feelings.

Step 2- Now that you have watched the video, scroll down and read the comments (hopefully there are some) on why other people love this company.

Step 3- Leave a comment on why you love our online family.

Step 4- Visit Amy at As The Bunny Hops and tell her how AH-mazing my bow is! PS: You have to watch the video to see it. 😉

Wine with Mallery- Trader Joe's Vinas Chilenas Chardonnay

Trader Joe’s Vinas Chilenas 2012 Chardonnay

This is another winning wine from Chile. Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be. This 2012 Chardonnay has a very fruity nose, smooth palate, with a slight acidic bite to it. I would definitely drink this Chardonnay again! I like the slight astringent flavor of this pale yellow wine. Although, I can see where it might not be a good starter wine for someone who doesn’t know what they like yet.

Comments

1. 3

says

Mallery, you are just amazing. I absolutely love Collective Bias/Social fabric. I was really struggling with the idea of “do I really want to keep blogging?” My blog was going in a direction I wasn’t thrilled about. And then I got the change to work with Social Fabri and it has all changed. I love the work I do now. I love the content I can create. I love that I can incorporate my family in my work. And they love that change too.

And not to mention all the amazing people!! Seriously. That is most of the fun. You can log into the bloggers’ side website and always see fun going on. Especially with fellow bloggers like you. You always crack me up. And our “leadership” aka those who run the website are really amazing too. Very friendly, and supportive and overall generally a great place to work.
    Amber Edwards recently posted..Haba Terra Kids Assembly Kit Twirling Prawn Kids ToyMy Profile

2. 5

says

Loved this Mallery! You are just one of the amazing people I have had the chance to meet and work with thanks to Collective Bias. My relationship with Collective Bias has been one of the most educational and beneficial in my blogging career. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. The support that is offered is amazing and I would do anything for Cbias! They have changed the way I blog!
    Mariah recently posted..Kid-Safe Cartoons with Toon GogglesMy Profile

3. 9

says

I’m super happy you like your bow. I was at the mall and it started SCREAMING at me from inside the store to come in and buy it for you. I was hoping the sparkles would turn Christy to the purple side, but alas, that seems to have failed.

And you said to leave a comment about why I love our online family. I love our online family because it IS a family. I’ve made so many amazing friends and had so many amazing opportunities because of Collective Bias. It’s made me a better blogger and it’s provided me with experiences I never thought would be possible.

I can’t wait for SoFabCon! I’m going to warm and fuzzy all over the place. :)
    Amy recently posted..{Recipe} for Family FunMy Profile

• 10

says

I was over the moon excited when I opened the package! I felt a little like Cinderella looking at her dress for the first time. Thank you so much!

Our family is going to have a blast at SoFabCon!

4. 19

says

Thank you so much for sharing your heart and soul here Mallery. Community is what it is all about and we are so happy that you are a part of what we do. We LOVE what we do too. Remember… “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~Dr. Seuss
    Ted Rubin recently posted..Why Relationships are the New CurrencyMy Profile

5. 25

says

Ok…just finished the video and you brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills at the same time! Thank YOU! Everything we do is for you (the community). I’ve always wanted it to be a place where you and the other SoFab members can be yourself and have opportunities that make sense for you to participate in. Thank you for making this video articulating your passion and love for SoFab so beautifully.
    Courtney Velasquez recently posted..Get Moving with MoveboxerMy Profile

6. 29

Sydney Dunn says

Mallery! Love your video! And I have loved being able to work with you – you make my job so freaking easy!! I hope I get to work with you soon and I hope you have a fantastic holiday!!! – much love, Sydney

7. 31

Diane Rankin says

Mallery-
    Happy Holidays! Wow! What an awesomely authentic post about our family at CB/SF. Love. Love. Love! Congrats on 2 years in the community. See you at SoFabCon…
    Diane

8. 32

says

Loved this!!!! I have just squishy lovey feelings for collective bias. And I can’t agree with you more about it being a place where you are surrounded by encouragement and where people believe in you. This network has boosted my confidence as a blogger more than anything else. I actually confidently tell people, “I’m a blogger!” when they ask what I do now, and I attribute that to CB!!!

You rock, Mallery! Love these chats!
    Tiffany recently posted..Reading and Pretend Play Join Forces: Hallmark Interactive Story Buddies GIVEAWAY!!My Profile

9. 33

says

I am new to SoFab/ Cbias but already I am in love with it! Even my hubby is loved our first shoppertunity! It real is like a fairy tale to be part of something so good! :)

10. 35

says

Loved this!! I love that we are a family with our little inside jokes (so funny about the purple should we have a purple outfit day and post about it! lol) If they have bring a blogger to work do I am so there!!! I love that we are social fabric because each of us really is a thread in this awesome big blanket of blogger goodness!
    Laura @FrugalFamilyTree recently posted..For the Love Of #Cbias #LuvSoFabMy Profile

Trackbacks