Pregnancy facts are my inspiration for day 5 of the advent calendar! Weird? You betcha. Relevant? Absolutely! Michael has been acting a fool lately and I have no farking idea why.
A toddler that won’t sleep boils down to no showers. No showers means I’m a greasy monkey. Being a greasy monkey means I can’t curl my hair without looking like a ragamuffin, soooo I have Superman underoos on my head.
That totally makes sense in my head.
8 Pregnancy facts video
D’Aquino Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie
This Pinot Grigio is delicious AND under $5 at Trader Joe’s! It isn’t an incredibly memorable wine if you are looking for aromas, but it’s an easy drinker. I appreciate a dry white over a sweet white any day because sweet wines make my teeth fuzzy and we all know how I feel about that.
8 Pregnancy Facts
I know everyone won’t watch the video and I wanted to elaborate on the castor oil mention.
- We wanted to get pregnant the first time I ovulated after we were married… and we did.
- A waitress touched my belly during my birthday dinner.
- I experienced a true ‘coming out of both ends’ during my first trimester. (Read: shit and vomit.)
- I don’t really want anymore kids but I’m compromising on the overall number to keep Michael happy.
- I hate people who can’t accept the fact that we don’t want to find out the sex of the baby.
- I sent Michael to the store for a pregnancy test and he failed, forcing me to wait until the next morning.
- I used pregnancy to wean myself off of the prescriptions I was taking for my Multiple Sclerosis.
- I used castor oil… and it worked!
- I took 2 ounces at 1pm on 7/18/11 and Michael was born at 6:19pm on 7/19/11. Please note- I was 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant, my vagina was the size of The Grand Canyon at 80% effaced/3cm, and I was contracting on a regular basis.
Castor oil tips and tricks from pregnant women
- Try a hot shower to get the blood flowin’ through your system quicker.
- Plan on being active: walking, squatting, walking stairs etc.
- Staying hydrated is muy importante because you are going to shit your brains out if you take the full dose.
- Use baby wipes because you will wipe yourself raw.
- The toilet is your best friend- stay close or suffer the consequences.
- Take it in the morning to hopefully prevent any… ahem… accidents in the middle of the night.
Note- This is content from my unpublished post on castor oil so… I assure you, I followed a million and a half forum threads on this topic. Use at your own risk. <~ I felt like I needed to say that because people be crazy.