I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Have you ever heard the saying ‘nothing good ever came easy’? Kitchen experiments, like this paleo bacon and asparagus dinner, can end a few ways: pizza, starving, suffering through a bad meal, or knocking it so far out of the park you are able to crawl the bases.
Quit playin’, you know how this story ends…
We love bacon wrapped asparagus but the act of wrapping asparagus in bacon is for the birds. I mean… c’mon, I’m no domestic goddess! Had I continued to wrap Michael’s vegetables in glorious cuts of pork, he would have started expecting his socks to be paired correctly. About that…
And that, my friends, is how this recipe came to life.
Bacon and asparagus dinner ingredients
- 1 lb Chicken breast tenderoins
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Bunch of asparagus
- 1 Tbsp Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Salt (Divided)
- 1 tsp Pepper (Divided)
Easy enough, right?
- Start by chopping the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Mix the asparagus, olive oil, minced garlic, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp of salt in a medium bowl until coated.
- Season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper before cutting the tenderloins into bite size pieces.
- Cut the bacon into 1 inch (ish) pieces with kitchen shears.
- Add the bacon to your pan first so it has time to reach crispy bacon status. (If you like chewy bacon you can add it all at once.)
- Add the chicken once the bacon appears to have cooked a little bit. (About 5 minutes.)
- And then you can toss the asparagus into the pan. (I prefer a slight crunch to my asparagus so I don’t add it with the chicken.)
- Occasionally stir your one pan dinner until the meat is fully cooked. (About 20 minutes on medium heat.)
Once cooked, I prefer to strain the entire pan because my stomach can’t handle oodles of bacon grease. Michael on the other hand, takes a slotted spoon and enjoys it straight from the pan. Cooking everything in one pan has been one of my best ideas EVER!
Let’s not forget about the super housewife award you will receive when he comes home to minimal dirty dishes, a delicious dinner, and a happy housewife. Believe it or not, I do have a few tricks up my sleeve!
On my way to Kroger, I made a quick pit stop at Walmart because they are currently the only store in these parts to carry this Butter Flavored Olive Oil. The extra stop was pretty much needed because Michael kicked me out of the house so he could do his homework. Meaning I was forced to do what I do best… shop.
What a bummer, man!
I grabbed the olive oil, avoided all of the green treats, and headed to Kroger for a little fuel point action. Hello… Simple Truth!
Do a girl a favor and pin this paleo bacon and asparagus recipe!