Which is why I wanted to give her something, on behalf of the family, that would make her feel special. Something she could get excited about that wasn’t a grandchild. Something all about HER. Something to show her how much she means to everyone.
That’s right, folks! Momma bear got herself a fancy pants masquerade party with real linens and surprise details.
Special Occasions, offering full service linen and chair cover rentals serving mid Michigan, provided the linens for my masquerade party. That being said, our family began using their linens way before I started planning this party, so you know it’s legit.
Except I did this time. Planning this birthday party was definitely a family affair.
I went with a lot of the party supplies we had on hand. You know, because our basements are frequently confused with party warehouses.
- Linens- Special Occasions
- Gold chargers– Dollar Tree (Note: Chargers are available to rent from Special Occasions. Only crazies with forgiving husbands need boxes of chargers in their basement.)
- Champagne flutes- Dollar & Party Store
- Red striped favor bags- Target clearance
- Venue- Sharky’s Sports Bar
The initial plan was to surprise mom with all of her favorite dishes so she could gorge herself into her favorite fat pants like her daughters. Except… that sooo didn’t happen. The venue changed hours before the event was scheduled to begin, forcing me to trade her fried chicken for pizza. Bar pizza.
Which shrunk the menu to her favorite cupcakes, sugar cookies, and a cake for my sister. Priorities, amirite?
Note: I used putty in an effort to preserve the pictures.
- Roll a piece of mesh up and carefully insert it in the vase.
- Cut three 2ft pieces of mesh.
- Pinch the center of the each piece and wrap it with a piece of wire.
- Arrange the three poofy sections by sticking the wire nubs in the vase.
- Hot glue the painted dowel to the back of the mask and slip it into the middle of the vase.
Don’t worry if the centerpieces have a little wobble to them. Wobble is okay unless your guests are throwing each other into the tables. I mean, I guess that could happen, but it’s highly unlikely.
Mission birthday gift- annihilated!