Now that I have actual children?
Oh hecks naw! I’m not about jumping stores with two kids in tow.
This year, I waited for the school supplies to hit a sweet rollback price at Walmart and called it a day. Like a boss. I was really there for the double Box Tops anyway.
Yes, I partnered with Kimberly Clark for this project, but I for real collect Box Tops for Michael’s school.
Supplies Needed for Back to School Decorations:
- 1 roll of toilet paper (I used a Scott Extra Soft Double Roll.)
- 2 rolls of paper towel (I used a Viva Vantage Big Roll.)
- 2 rectangle boxes of tissue (I used Kleenex.)
- 110-ish pencils
- 27 markers
- 3 rubber bands
- Duct tape and/or ribbon
- 2 plates
- 3 boxes of 24ct crayons
- Wrap the heavy duty rubber band around the roll of toilet paper.
- In whatever pattern you prefer, slip the markers in between the rubber band and the roll until you wrap the entire thing.
- Carefully wrap the markers with duct tape or ribbon.
Crafter’s note: I prefer duct tape because there is no way your markers will slip out.
- Repeat the same steps with both rolls of paper towel and the pencils.
- All that’s left for the cake stands is to top them with an upside down plate.
How’s that for creativity? And they are affordable. I didn’t forget about our pocketbooks with this one.
- To finish the school supply centerpiece, arrange 3 boxes of crayons inside the top of the markers and place the whole thing on top of the tissues.
Make sure you tune back in to see the wicked cool back to school party plans I have coming your way! They are perfect for the overachievers trying to out collect their classmates for whatever prize their teacher has put up for grabs. We do Box Tops like a boss in this house.
I start slacking after Christmas.
Do a girl a favor and pin these back to school party decorations!