Am I a bad mom because I use Shushybye on Baby First TV as a babysitter? Not so much. There are worse things I could do like let him play in the street or eat candy from strangers; although, strangers do have the yummiest candy.
Pssstt: There is a giveaway at the end of this post!
He fellrolled down the stairs at 7 months old.
- He pulled the bathroom cupboard on top of him and broke the glass pane.
- He used to climb on the kitchen chairs and fall off of them.
- The kitchen table is his favorite spot to sit. (See above picture.)
- He can take the fortress gate down and run upstairs without me knowing.
- He grabbed the can of shaving cream out of the shower and ate it.
- I might not change his poopy diaper right away.
- I ran out of milk 2 days ago.
- I don’t get him out of his crib in the morning until he is clearly upset.
- I will let him do ANYTHING if it allows me a few moments to work. Anything!
My point? Cut yourself some slack because children’s television shows aren’t the worst thing you can do to your kid. I will find Michael sitting on his Step2 climber responding to the shows or dancing his little heart out to some Shushybye songs. I guess you can judge my technology aided parenting style if it makes you feel better. Just keep in mind how much more bonbon & wine time I get because I indulge in some boob tube time! 😉
I was provided with the Shushybye Baby DVD collection in order to facilitate my review. All opinions and pictures are my own.