For the love of beauty and rainbow nails, stop painting your cuticles!
At first my motivation for this post was my rainbow birthday party, until I was tagged in a rainbow vlog challenge, and you know how I feel about fitting into ‘the norm’. It doesn’t happen. My version of the rainbow tag vlog challenge turned into a rant about women painting their cuticles because, you know, I whine about ridiculous things… a lot.
It is what it is.
This is not sexy.
Why I think you should stop painting your cuticles
Don’t answer that.
- Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Pen– Buy one now. I won’t paint my nails if I can’t find my No More Mistakes pen because it is sooo helpful during the nail painting process.
- Nail polish remover and a Q-tip– This tip will work for major nail polish mistakes. I would assume this method won’t work as well on my OCD nail polish mistakes.
- Glue around your finger nail– I really, really want to try this Pinterest inspired painting trick! I guess I will pick up some school glue when back to school season kicks off again.
- Use Vaseline around your finger nail- It is the same concept as the glue.
- Leave a gap between the polish and your cuticle– A lot, and I mean a lot, of beauty bloggers leave a little gap between their polish and cuticle for a clean look that doesn’t flood their cuticles with color. Give it a whirl if you like the look!
- SLOW DOWN– I am willing to bet 99% of cuticle painting problems stem from painting too fast. Personally, I wait until toddler Michael is in bed and spend, what seems like, FORever making sure I do a good job. They say pain is beauty and often forget that slow is also beauty.