I was given the opportunity to try out a juice cleanse (AKA an easy way to jump start my green juice for weight loss journey) for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetsSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of the product.
I am as excited as school girl shaving her legs for the first time to tell you about my recent juice cleanse! I once thought a juice cleanse meant I would become besties with my porcelain throne, but… uh… that isn’t the case for everyone. There wasn’t any number two going on for about a week, but I also didn’t have the O-M-G I am so backed up I might tear myself a new one when I eventually go sensation. I was feeling mighty fine, albeit urinating like a pregnant woman, and all sad panda when I was done with my juice cleanse.
Please note- I’m not pregnant.
For the sake of keeping it real, my Skinny Limits juice cleanse wasn’t all sunshine and unicorns. As a person who pink puffy heart LOVES green juice, I hate lemon anything. Pink lemonade, lemon water, lemon desserts… lemon is gagarific. That said, the Scorpion Lemonade (Lemons, Agave Nectar, Cayenne, Filtered Water) included in a standard juice cleanse is a necessary evil because lemons and Cayenne have oodles of benefits, like aiding in digestion (lemons) and increasing metabolism (Cayenne).
That doesn’t mean I wasn’t all ‘woe is me’ during the lemonade portion of my day. Just ask my friends since I decided it would be super cool to cleanse during a football party. Who does that?
And despite all of the delicious looking football party food, that wasn’t my hiccup. The second day of my juice cleanse was a treatment day. Yanno, the day that makes me feel like I stood in the middle of the road begging a bus to come end my life. Yeah. That day.
I pounded my first juice of the day on my way down to my treatment, packed two juices to enjoy during my treatment, and figured I would be able to slurp one down upon my arrival home. (That’s what she said.) Except, it was the first treatment of the year and new insurance meant DELAYS. So. Yeah. I was craving hard when 4pm rolled around and I wasn’t home yet. Which is why my biggest juice cleanse tip is to invest in a cooler so you don’t get to that point. It’s not pretty.
The truth about a juice cleanse
- Green juice is delightful if you have the correct recipe. I recommend trying a green juice recipe from a veteran juicer to ensure you like the taste before investing in a juice cleanse.
- Paying someone else to do the juicing work is SO worth it. I was spending $25 (conventional vegetables) for the equivalent of one day of juices and spending 1+ hours a day juicing and cleaning. (So. Much. Time. Juicing.) Being able to grab from the fridge and go made life 100 times easier. Not to mention, a Skinny Limits juice cleanse is raw juice. You know, the vegetables I should be using.
- Being prepared for a craving is the key to success.
- You might experience detox symptoms as your body releases toxins. I can’t speak on this matter because I didn’t experience any symptoms. Perhaps having a semi-paleo lifestyle helped?
- Skinny Limit’s standard 3-day juice cleanse kit includes 18 bottles of juice, in varying flavors and fruit/vegetable combinations. Each day consists of six 16oz bottles of juice.
- You will feel AH-mazing when your juice cleanse is over. Absolutely amazing.
Is trying green juice for weight loss worth it?
I know people are searching the phrase ‘green juice for weight loss’ so I feel like this needs to be addressed. Green juice, juice cleanses, saying no to processed food are TOOLS to weight loss, not the Holy Grail of weight loss. Losing weight (and keeping it off) takes hard work and dedication. Please don’t get discouraged if you don’t see the results you were hoping for and jump to a diet pill fad.
Although Skinny Limits doesn’t promote their juice cleanses as a weight loss tool, purging your system of toxins comes with weight loss benefits. I lost 4 pounds, said goodbye to an inch of bloat in my midsection, and had one of the best experiences of my juicing career. I felt recharged, slightly addicted to the convenience, and talked Michael into trying a 3 day cleanse in March. (Michael committing to a juice cleanse is a big deal.)
Would I pay for it? Of course! Do I wish a Skinny Limits location would open up in Flint? Hell yes! Will that ever happen? Only in my dreams. <sad face>
Do a girl a favor and leave me a comment with your favorite green juice recipes for the days I want to switch things up. Kthanks!