This OREO cookie party has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #OREOCookieBalls
It’s the most wonderful time of the year
It’s the hap-happiest season of all
One of my strongest desires is to create holiday magic for Michael. I want him to grow up with fond memories of decorating cookies to the jingle jangle of Christmas music as I listen to tiny feet trot throughout the house. And, one day, I hope those tiny feet are replaced with the man-child sized sneakers of teenagers. Teenagers who still find joy in the holiday season. Teenagers who look forward to holiday traditions.
Or… teenagers who at least humor my sappy traditions. I’ll take what I can get!
Note: This party plan includes dessert ideas, tips for frugal decor, and simple tricks for hosting a cookie decorating party.
OREO Cookie Party: OREO Desserts
Note: OREO Cookie Balls only look complicated. The recipe is simple enough that I had no problem whipping out balls upon balls for this party. After chilling, be sure to allow the balls time to warm slightly so the chocolate doesn’t crack. Also, I recommend investing in a chocolate dipping spoon.
Official OREO Cookie Ball recipe
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
OREO Cookie Party: Budget Friendly Decorations
Decor featured above:
- 2 rolls of silver wrapping paper for the backdrop. (Dollar store)
- 3 pack of large snowflakes for the backdrop. (Dollar store)
- 3 pack of medium snowflakes, suspended from the ceiling with fishing line and clear tape. (Dollar store)
I hung a different type of dollar store snowflake from the oh so pretty glitter branches from last season, added some white pebbles, and accented the branches with more silver glitter goodies! (See below)
Note: In case you are new to this party joint, the silver boxes are empty cardboard boxes wrapped in last season’s wrapping paper. PLEASE do NOT feel like you need to purchase multiple types of cake plates and/or stands to create multi-level interest when free boxes work just fine.
- Silver utensils, wrapped in white napkins, and tied with silver curling ribbon. (Dollar store)
- White cups. (From my party stash.)
- White plates with silver accents. (Dollar store)
- White napkins. (Dollar store)
- White and silver paper straws. (eBay for .99?)
OREO Cookie Party: Cookie Decorating
I prepared each cookie decorating table with bottles of icing, a cupcake tin with various sprinkles, and parchment paper mats. Clean up was a breeze because all you needed to do was fold up the plastic tablecloth and pitch the mess! Genius, I tell ya!
Note: Pay attention to the clearance at your grocery store because you will find they mark down decorating supplies after each holiday. (e.g: You will find pink after breast cancer awareness and orange after Halloween.) I purchase my sprinkles and icing all year because buying something for 50% off is much nicer than paying full retail. Especially the way tiny people plow through sprinkles!
I honestly don’t know who had more fun. The kids kicked off the cookie decorating, and the grown ups wrapped things up with a cookie competition. It was perfect. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. My house was full of pitter patter, Christmas music, laughter, and memories were made. It really was the best way to kick off the holiday season!
OREO Cookie Party: Party Favors
I won’t even admit how many packages of OREO Cookies I purchase for this party. Ha! I’m sure the cashier thought the tiny human using my womb as a home was the reason for my shopping trip. You know, because normal people leave cookies on the shelf for the next shopper.
I left a few…
Note: Mark your calendars because the #OREOCookieBall Pinterest party is taking place on Saturday, December 6 at 12pm ET.