Unless it’s craft beer. I will nurse a flight here and there in the name of finding a brew I can get down on. Michael, on the other hand, is all about the beer, but it has to be good beer. Snob much?
Seeing how I was invited to Granite City Food & Brewery to check things out as a member of the media, I got ballsy with a flight all to myself. I know, right? I like to think I’m aging gracefully, like a fine wine.
So, I tried the signature collection:
- Broad Axe Stout – Style: Oatmeal Stout, a thick creamy head sits atop the opaque blackness of this oatmeal stout. Roasted chocolate and coffee notes make this beer a great treat!
- The Bennie – Style: German Bock, a German style lager, our bock carries a brownish color, a medium body, and a mouthwatering smoothness from the wonderful malt and sweet caramel flavors.
- The Duke – Style: India Pale Ale, the rich color of this pale ale hints at the bold malt character used to balance the huge hoppy flavors and defining bitterness of this classic English beer.
- The Northern – Style: American Lager, brewed to the American standard of a classic lager, this light golden beer is our mildest offering with a creamy, smooth taste.
<insert drumroll here>
The Northern mixed with lemonade gets my stamp of approval. Baby steps, guys! Relish in the fact that I’ve found a brewski I would order sans coercion.
Call me an overthinker if you must, but the homebrewer in me enjoyed hearing about how they brewed their beer.
Note: Granite City Food & Brewery will also feature guest taps!
Chain restaurants typically make me think I am eating something straight from the freezers of GFS or Sam’s Club. Granite City might be a chain but their food was amazing. In fact, I fully endorse the spinach artichoke dip, buffalo chicken flatbread, cajun pasta, the big show burger, and SO much more. I don’t have time to talk about all of my favorites from their menu! We really need to move back to metro Detroit.
And their cocktails? Ermahgerd! My martini was smooth to the point of getting a girl on a first date in trouble… if ya know what I mean!
Granite City Northville is a breeze to get to, even for those of living an hour away. It’s located in the Northville Park Place development, on the southwest corner of Haggerty and Seven Mile.
Also, if you check them out on opening day (April 8th) they will donate 10% of your meal to the Northville Civic Concern, and you will receive a free Brew Rewards membership.
Granite City Locations:
- Northville: 39603 Traditions Dr
- Troy: 699 W. Big Beaver Rd
- Detroit: TBA at 100 GM Renaissance Ctr.
Other Granite City Giveaways: