This rainbow salad is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.
I happen to value the ‘mental health’ time that follows bedtime, so eat or do not, if you argue once the clock strikes 7pm, I will give you a bath without dinner. The happiness of the entire household rests on whether or not I recharge before tackling another day.
- Start with your lettuce of choice. Whatever you fancy. The sky is the limit. (ba dum tsk!)
- Slice and dice vegetables from the entire color spectrum.
Note: I opted to slice the vegetables instead of dice them so it was easier to create the rainbow, but you can achieve the same effect by increasing the number of diced vegetables used.
- Fill a giant bowl with chopped lettuce and add any toppings that are more for flavor and less for design (e.g. bacon bits, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, etc.). Yanno, the toppings that separate the good salads from the great salads.
- Red peppers and tomatoes.
- Shredded carrots and orange peppers.
- Yellow peppers
- Celery and green peppers.
- Red onion and purple cabbage.
- Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken
And then I let Michael top off the salad with a healthy dose of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing. It’s packed full of herbs and gives our heaping rainbow salad an extra zesty boost of flavor without any high fructose corn syrup. Not to mention, it’s an easy way to include him in the dinner prep.
You can only imagine what follows him being told there is nothing he can do to help with dinner. It’s not pretty.
You know how your mind races a million miles a minute when all you want to do is drift off to dreamland? Well, Maverick eats Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken by the bag because it’s simple and convenient and one of (what seems like) the few foods I know he can consume without worrying about food dyes, nuts, eggs, or cross reactive latex yadda yadda, so it was on my mind one night. And the rest is history.
If only clouds in real life were made of chicken.
If you are in the market for an easy protein that is ready as soon as your little one flips on their hunger switch, you can grab a bag or two the next time you are at Walmart. They’re in the freezer section.
Do a girl a favor and pin this rainbow salad!