This low fat skillet chicken recipe was inspired by my low functioning gallbladder and a very timely sponsored partnership with the featured brands.
I’ve been ghosting people not on YouTube or Snapchat the better part of 2 years now. For good reason(s), but still…
I can not, for the life of me, figure out my new body. I wake up and want to crawl back into bed. I started feeling confident in my ability to walk again and had to revert back to my walker. I avoided the ER during my second round of Lemtrada and ended up with a faulty gallbladder.
I am incredibly overwhelmed with being strong.
My french fries are life response was more or less a lighthearted yet distraught, “no more french fries??!”
He told me to get an air fryer. -_-
Too many days have left me feeling like I’m walking around with a spear shoved clear through my right upper quadrant. All because I’m still learning what I can and can’t eat. There have been days that I actively chose not to eat because I wanted some sort of normalcy, and since that is typically frowned upon, I started spending a few spoons on grocery shopping here and there so I could read labels.
And because I enjoy getting out of the house without the kids, but mostly to figure out what was low fat.
I kid you not, he once asked his Nana to buy him 100 during her next shopping trip.
- 1,948.4 calories
- 7.44g fat
- 124.5g carbs
Low Fat Skillet Chicken Ingredients:
- 1-2 lbs True Goodness Thin Sliced Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup plain Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Italian Breadcrumbs (GF)
- 3 cups True Goodness Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4oz True Goodness Sliced Mini Bella Mushrooms- chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 2 cups True Goodness Long Grain White Rice
- 3-4oz Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Fat Free Horizon Organic Milk
- 3tsp Minced Garlic
- 2tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage
- True Goodness Extra Virgin Oil Cooking Spray
*Note: If cheese and bacon are not triggers for your gallbladder, try adding 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 4 slices of bacon to the rice. Be sure to add the appropriate nutrition information to the numbers I included above.
Low Fat Skillet Chicken Recipe:
- Dip each chicken breast in plain Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt before coating them in italian breadcrumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside while the skillet warms up.
- Spray the skillet with True Goodness Extra Virgin Oil Cooking Spray and let it heat up over medium/high heat.
- Once warm, place breaded chicken breasts in the pan and cover. Cook about 7 minutes, until the breast moves without sticking, and flip it over.
- Add 1/2 cup True Goodness Low Sodium Chicken Broth, 2 tsp minced garlic, 2 tsp onion powder, fresh rosemary/thyme/sage, 4oz True Goodness Sliced Mini Bella Mushrooms- chopped, and 1 lemon slice per breast.
- Cover and cook chicken breasts until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees- about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring 2 cups of True Goodness Low Sodium Chicken Broth to a boil, add 2 cups of True Goodness Long Grain White Rice, and remove the pan from the heat. While the pan is cooling down, add 3-4 ounces of Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach- giving the spinach a chance to wilt.
- Once the spinach has wilted, add 1 cup Fat Free Horizon Organic Milk and bring the pan to a boil once more. Uncover and remove from the heat- allowing the rice to set.
This is a sponsored recipe created by me on behalf of Horizon, Dannon, and Earthbound Farm. The opinions, recipe, and photos are mine.