If you’re looking to snazz up your bourbon, look no further. I’ve got your new fave(or anytime!) winter drink right here.
Makes: 1 Cocktail (but you may need more)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 oz. bourbon of choice (see below for options)
Blood Orange Bourbon Instructions:
- Place ice in a shaker.
- Juice 1 1/2 of the blood oranges. Reserve half for garnish.
- Pour blood orange juice into the shaker.
- Add two tablespoons of simple syrup.
- Add in the bourbon.
- Shake well.
- Add ice to the glass and pour in over ice into the glass.
- Top with two slices of the blood orange.
Simple Syrup Recipe
Making simple syrup at home is ridiculously easy. Take equal cups of sugar and water, and boil it, stirring to dissolve the sugar.