I don’t know about you but back in the day I would throw down on the Almond Joys… all day, every day. And there was a science to my Almond Joy consumption. It was required that I bite the Almond Joy precisely in the middle of the almond so I had equal parts almond in both bites. There was no other way. Don’t even try argue your case because you will lose.
I no longer sit around in my jammies chowing Almond Joy treats for obvious reasons, but I can’t sit here and say I don’t think about them… like, a lot. And we all know I end up in the kitchen when I feel like figuring out the paleo alternative for my old friends.
PALEO ALMOND JOY BARK INGREDIENTS
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate, melted
- 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 cups Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Honey
- Melt the dark chocolate according to the package, until smooth. Spread the chocolate into the Spring Bark Mold with a spatula until it fills each section.
I didn’t want to fill it any higher because I wanted a thick layer of coconut deliciousness. You can tweak this step depending on how you picture them in your head.
- Melt the coconut butter over low heat, in a small saucepan before mixing in the coconut flakes, slivered almonds, honey, and vanilla.
- When everything is all melty and mixed well, layer the coconut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer and put the mold in the freezer to harden.
- Contain your excitement as you pull the mold out of the freezer and pop out your delicious paleo Almond Joy bark!
- I used a giant knife to cut the squares out. I recommend cutting one side of each square at a time so you don’t crack the square. But if you do crack it, eat the evidence before serving. I mean, why not indulge before the rest of the crowd grabs one?
You might not enjoy these if you are a milk chocolate lover. That being said, Michael hates dark chocolate and I told him so as I handed him a small piece, but he tried it… and came back for seconds and thirds later that evening. You could always use a 60% dark chocolate if you aren’t a strict paleo household. But, in my house, I know anything with dark chocolate in it means I get it all to myself. Tricky!
Psst… Use code SpringFling for an additional 25% off Sweet Creations spring cookware tools.
Do you even tweet, bro?