I was pretty nervous getting in the kitchen to create a paleo pancakes recipe for a Good Cook project I’m working on. I mean, really, paleo pancakes? I can barely cook traditional pancakes and the thought of pulling a brand new recipe out of my you-know-what made me want to get my drink on.
And then this happened.
I can’t sit here and say this recipe started out hunky dory because (watch the video and you will see) I had to cut out quite a few choice words because I can’t cook pancakes.
SIT BACK AND ENJOY MY PALEO PANCAKES VIDEO
TRADER JOE’S GREEN FIN WHITE TABLE WINE
Yum. Yum. YUM! I was beyond skeptical cracking this bad boy open because the last wine made from organic grapes was AWWW-FUL!
Green Fin White Table Wine falls into the under $5 Trader Joe’s club and I think it gets high marks from me because it’s so smooth. It’s an easy 11% drinker, for sure. The only downfall is for all of the sniffers out there… be prepared for a lacking nose. It’s just meh.
Let’s look past the hot mess for a minute, mmmkay? The bottom line is this- I don’t really know how to cook. It just so happens I am a professional when it comes to kitchen experiments.
PALEO PANCAKES INGREDIENTS
- 1/4c honey
- 1/4c chia seeds
- 1t vanilla
- I let these 3 ingredients sit in a mixing bowl for at least an hour before I started cooking.
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2c cranberries from Thanksgiving
- 2 eggs
- 1/2c almond meal
- 1/4c coconut flour (I would have used arrowroot powder but I was out.)
- 1T cocoa
- Mix everything together, toss the mix in a whoopie pie pan, bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Hide them from your toddler or be prepared to share. And by share, I mean you don’t get any.