Good Cook has requested I make a pumpkin spice popcorn ball for the holidays!
That’s a lie.
What they did do was send me MORE kitchen gadgets and said go to town. You know me and gadgets. I sure am a sucker for a new toy!
Pumpkin spice popcorn ball supplies:
- Popcorn Ballers (I used a round and a square one.)
- Giant bowls
- Sauce pan
- Popcorn (I used 2 bags of Jolly Time.)
- 10oz Marshmallows
- 1/4c Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer
- Orange food coloring
- Pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses
Pumpkin spice popcorn ball recipe:
- Pop 2 bags of popcorn and sort the popcorn into a giant bowl, away from the unpopped kernals.
- Melt the marshmallows, add enough food color to give it a beautiful orange color, and mix in the coffee creamer.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and coat it using the spatula.
- Place the ooey gooey popcorn into the round popcorn baller and start forming your balls.
- Remove the balls to allow some relaxation needed to achieve a pumpkin shape.
- Place a Hershey Kiss where the stem should go.
Tip: Run water in the popcorn baller (and your hands) before putting the popcorn in it to keep it from sticking to the popcorn baller. TRUST ME on this one!
Please note: It takes a LONG time for these pumpkin spice popcorn balls to set, so please don’t sit there and twiddle your thumbs.
Maybe you are like me and the thought of pumpkin spice anything makes you gag. Fret not! I also made candy corn popcorn balls! I used the square popcorn baller and cut triangles out of it. Also, I melted the marshmallows until fully melted before adding in the Candy Corn M&M’s.
Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!
Right now you can get 25% off Good Cook Popcorn Ballers with the code: POPCORN.
And be sure to check out the Good Cook 7-day popcorn giveaway on Facebook, which starts Oct 7, 2013!