I was reading Sassy Mama in LA when I stumbled upon a recipe for Chipotle Chicken burritos that made my stomach go into a frenzy of desire! Seriously, these chicken burritos made me want to cancel my dinner plans and run to the grocery store for the ingredients, and I did just that. Well… it was the next day, but you get my point.
PS: There is a giveaway at the end of this post.
I modified her chicken burrito ingredients, emphasis on the Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes and the Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken, to fit into my crazy, busy schedule. You do remember me talking about healthy dinner recipes for busy people, right? And how I told you I was going to feature things that make even the laziest person look good? (That’s me talking about me.) Well here it is, you lazy bums!
Recipe for Chipotle Chicken Burritos
Chipotle Chicken Burritos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 1 Burrito
- 2 cups of Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken (diced)
- 1 can of Del Monte Petite Cut tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- 1 package of Campbell’s Chipotle Skillet Sauces
- 3.5oz of brown rice
- 4 flour tortillas
- Cook the rice according to the package.
- Put the chicken, tomatoes, and Skillet Sauce in a pan and heat until the chicken has cooked (thawed and warmed to an appropriate temperature)
- Let the chicken mixture cool down.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of rice and 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into your flour tortillas.
It took about 5 minutes for the chicken cubes to thaw out and the sauce to heat up on medium heat.
Would you believe me if I said I made this dinner in 10 minutes?
Yolanda’s burrito recipe only took about 15 minutes to make, but 5 minutes is the equivalent of gold to me when I know I can make it quicker. I used ready made chicken, versus traditional raw chicken, so I can guarantee her recipe for Chipotle Chicken Burritos is cheaper than mine is. Have I mentioned how lazy I am? Take a peek at her recipe to figure out if you really need my shortcuts. (I doubt normal people do.)
Did someone out there say Superbowl party burritos? Great minds think alike! The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes, AKA Superbowl worthy!
- I make up an enormous batch of this chicken burrito recipe before my party.
- I buy some chips, salsa, and beer.
- I warm up the burrito mixture before the starving people show up.
- I feed said starving people without missing the Superbowl! That right there is a win-win!
Follow Del Monte- Pinterest – Facebook – Twitter – Southwestern Sweepstakes
Del Monte Southwestern Sweepstakes
One lucky winner will take home an exciting entertainment package including: a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD). Check out their sweepstakes on Pinterest.
Ready for the Del Monte giveaway?
One of you lucky ducks is going to win a Del Monte prize pack that includes:
- (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- $25 Visa gift card
“The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte.”