I had this idea for a yellow birthday party that consisted of yellow sangria and yellow decorations, just to name a few. I even wore a yellow shirt to my soiree! It’s one of those shirts that no matter how bloated you feel you look MARvelous in! Every woman has a shirt like that and you know what my secret is? It’s a maternity shirt! I think I look adorable in it so I didn’t box it up with the rest of the clothes.
Sausage and Yellow Pepper Skewers
- 5 tbls Vegetable oil
- 1 tbls Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Tomato and basil seasoning
- 1 Onion
- 2 Yellow peppers
- 1 Package of Eckrich sausage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak your skewers for about 30 minutes in water.
- Cut your onion, peppers and sausage into inch pieces.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bow.
- Put your pieces on your skewers and place in your pan.
- Pour the liquid mix over your skewers.
- Cook to your preference.
First I soaked my skewers in water for 30 minutes or so because I didn’t want them to burn on the grill. Then I cut up my onion, peppers and sausage into inch, or so, pieces so everything sort of looked uniform. I tried to put them on the skewers in a pepper, sausage, pepper, onion and repeat pattern but I was a little forgetful on some of them. Finally you just mix up the rest of the ingredients and pour it over your skewers. You are done in no time and are ready for a cocktail.
These were the perfect party food because they looked pretty, they were WAY simple and they tasted great! I did do some yellow recipe research before stumbling upon this winner of a recipe. You see, I had a freezer full of sausage and a yellow party to host so it was a win-win to me!