This post brought to you by Comfort and Harmony. All opinions are 100% mine.
So, you want to breastfeed your baby? Good for you! Believe it or not, our breasts weren’t slapped on the front of us just to bring the boys to the yard, they are there to feed our babies. But don’t get me wrong… breasts do come equipped with a delightful bonus AKA stimulation! Yeeeeah buddy!
There are oodles of posts out there on how to nurse your baby. Read their tips because you are going to eat, sleep, and breath breastfeeding for the next 2 years. Oh, you want to get schmammered with the girls next weekend? There is a tip for that. But that is not what I want to talk about; I want to talk about the ‘other’ things you might not think about when it comes to breastfeeding.
WHEN NURSING BABIES ARE BREASTFEEDING:
- You are no longer a fine dining restaurant: Your little one now demands a more lively atmosphere, turning your mammaries into a set of bongos.
- You are required to learn the ways of a contortionist: If you want your little one to fall asleep in that car seat you had better get your breast in their mouth, by any means necessary.
- Oh, you wanted to get out of bed? Too bad your little one had different morning plans! While you were snoozing your nipple became lodged in their mouth and is now guarded by their ruthless chompers.
Oh and that Boppy pillow everyone says YOU NEED TO HAVE? Now that mombo nursing pillow has been introduced to the scene the Boppy pillow is so 2005. See ya! Adios! Sayonara! Good riddance! I actually tested them side by side with Michael and mombo ended up earning a place on my baby registry must have list, and the Boppy earned a place in the basement.
What is the big deal, you ask? Listen up because I am only going to say this once- don’t waste your money on that ‘other’ pillow. Here is why I prefer the mombo nursing pillow:
- There is a firm side so your little one doesn’t slip down while still attached to your precious nipple. I don’t know about you but I adore my nipples right where they are located.
- There is a soft side so when you finally get to plop a bottle in the mouth of your little one you can put them in there and they can feed themselves comfortably. Note: This is when you should probably start brushing your teeth again.
- There is vibration: what baby doesn’t need their own personal back massager?
- Mombo is high quality: No joke. After one (very large) baby my nursing pillow isn’t a pancake like some other brands. I don’t know how to explain the pancake thing besides ‘not being squishy’.